Registration Q & A
Sponsored by HumanWare and Vanda Pharmaceuticals
Registration is located in Capri 103 on the first floor of the Riviera. Hours are:
- Thursday, July 10(pre-reg pick-up only): 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Friday to Sunday, July 11 to 13: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Monday, July 14: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Tuesday to Thursday, July 15 to 17 - 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Friday, July 18: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
When you register, you will receive your convention ID badge, program, and goody bag filled with information and surprises. You must register to purchase tickets to events and be eligible to win great door prizes. Wear your badge at all times; it admits you to the exhibit area, lets you vote (if you are an ACB member), and helps hotel personnel and volunteers provide better service.
If you are pre-registered, your packet will be waiting for you. You may not pick up a packet for someone else. If you have any questions about your registration or need to purchase more tickets, go to Registration in Capri 103.
A one-day pass is available for $5.00; $10.00 with program. This pass is color-coded by day, and is good for only the day on which it is purchased. With this pass you may attend exhibits and other programs and purchase tickets for that day only. If you wish to attend additional days at the convention, you must pay the full administrative fee.
No administrative fee will be charged for a voter certification badge.
Refunds: ACB will make no refunds for convention administrative and registration fees, sponsorship donations, or tickets that you just don't want. Refunds are not made for events that you miss for any reason other than extreme illness (see below), or for events that you simply do not enjoy.
Refunds will be issued only for meals, events, and tours provided that:
- An individual has pre-registered and requests the refund in writing to the American Council of the Blind, 6300 Shingle Creek Parkway, Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430, or calls (612) 332-3242, on or before June 30, 2014; and
- The individual does not attend any part of the convention.
- In case of illness during the convention which requires you to return home or to be hospitalized, refunds will be issued only for the meals, events, and tours which take place after your absence begins. If the guarantee has already been given for a meal function or a tour, no refund for that function will be given.
- Refunds for tour tickets are only made under certain conditions. See tour instructions for more information.
Lost tickets: ACB will not replace tickets that are lost during the convention. All ticket packets are checked before they are distributed at the convention, and tickets that are lost or misplaced must be purchased again.
Reselling tickets: Only tour tickets will be accepted for resale. In general, meal functions and social events at the hotel do not sell out and you may wish to explore other methods of selling luncheon, banquet and other such tickets.
ACB is not responsible for notifying you if you have paid for a ticket through pre-registration for an event or tour that is already sold out. Your name will be put on a waiting list in the event of cancellations, or in case additional tickets become available.