Vol. LIV September 2015 No. 3
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (231) 460-1061 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (231) 460-1047.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- The ACB Braille Forum, September 2015 downloads
- President’s Report, President’s Report, Part I, by Kim Charlson
- Bidding ACB A Very Fond Farewell and Reflecting on the Last Seventeen Years, by Melanie Brunson
- Looking Back on Dallas, by Janet Dickelman
- ACB Stars Shine Bright in Dallas, Part I, by Ron Brooks, Judy Wilkinson, and Denise Colley
- Holidays in September, by Carla Ruschival
- Welcome Back, Students: A Message from the ACB Students President, by Tiffany Jolliff
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums