Volume XLVIII February 2010 No. 8
Published By The American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
National Office: 2200 Wilson Blvd. Suite 650 Arlington, VA 22201-3354 (202) 467-5081
Web Site: http://www.acb.org
The Braille Forum (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadlines are the first of the month. The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, visit the ACB website and complete an application form, or contact the national office at the number listed above. Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Mike Godino at the above mailing address. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office can make printed cards available for this purpose. To remember the American Council of the Blind in your Last Will and Testament, you may include a special paragraph for that purpose. If your wishes are complex, contact the ACB national office. Join the MMS program and help improve tomorrow today in ACB. Contact Ron Milliman by e-mail, email@example.com, or by phone at (270) 782-9325 and get started making tomorrow look brighter today! To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or visit the Washington Connection online at http://www.acb.org.
Copyright 2010 American Council of the Blind.
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Changing How Others See Us by Mitch Pomerantz
- My Very First Rehabilitation Lesson by Carl Jarvis
- Finding My Niche by Barbara Mattson
- Helping Hands by Diane S. Ferrell
- Letters to the Editor
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- A Reminder to Social Security Beneficiaries: You Have New Rights in the New Year by Melanie Brunson
- High Tech Swap Shop
- The Sunny Southwest: ACB Conference and Convention 2010 by Carla Ruschival
- Second Annual ACB Walk by Dan Dillon
- Board of Publications Awards: This Year it Could Be You!
- Spotlight Your Affiliate with a Bop Award!
- The MMS Program makes it easier for you to help ACB by Dena Wilson
- Affiliate News
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, and Board of Publications