Volume LIV February 2016 No. 8
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2016 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- The ACB E-Forum, February 2016 downloads
- President’s Message: Eating and Web Accessibility, by Kim Charlson
- Microsoft, American Council of the Blind Partner to Advance Accessibility
- Sneak Preview of Tours in Minneapolis, by Janet Dickelman
- Paths to Leadership: The Traditional and the New, by Allen Casey
- Holiday Auction Thank-You’s, by Carla Ruschival
- A Tribute to Ida Scotti, by Yvonne Michaud Schnitzler
- The Things I Do Today, Part 1: A Plethora of Possibilities, by Paul Edwards
- Hero Dog Team Helps GDUI, by Annie Chiappetta
- Affiliate News
- Hearing in New York City
- Blind Hunting Report
- I Am Your Customer Campaign Launched in Canada, by John Rae
- ACB Gets Fresh with Tupperware!
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll take care of the changes for you.
The ACB Radio Café features the work of blind artists 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/café.
ACB Radio’s Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at acbradio.org.