Volume XLIX February 2011 No. 8
Published By The American Council of the Blind
THE AMERICAN COUNCIL OF THE BLIND STRIVES TO INCREASE THE INDEPENDENCE, SECURITY, EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY, AND QUALITY OF LIFE FOR ALL BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED PEOPLE.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web Site: http://www.acb.org
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Mike Godino at the above mailing address. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
American Council of the Blind
The number listed for the Sierra Regional Ski for Light Event ("Here and There," December 2010) was incorrect. It should have been (510) 483-2948. We apologize for the error.
Table of Contents
- Major Changes and The Braille Forum, by Jenine Stanley
- ACB Celebrates Another Legislative Victory, by Melanie Brunson
- President's Message: Taking Personal Responsibility, ACB Style, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Go for the Gold: ACB Conference and Convention 2011, by Carla Ruschival
- Lobby Day, by Rich Laine
- ACB SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
- CLINICAL RESEARCH STUDY RECRUITMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL ACCESS COMMITTEE NEEDS YOUR INPUT
- Strike Gold with ACB in Reno - Be a First-Timer!, by Allen J. Casey
- BOARD OF PUBLICATIONS AWARDS YOUR EXCELLENCE IN 2011
- Fun for Funds: A Golden Opportunity for ACB, by Marsha Farrow
- Membership Focus: How to Find Blindness-Related Resources and Share Them, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- You Can Shop Anytime at the ACB Store, by Carla Ruschival
- AFFILIATE NEWS
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- HIGH TECH SWAP SHOP
- 2010-2011 ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, and Board of Publications
FORUM SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
You can now get "The Braille Forum" by podcast! To subscribe, go to "The Braille Forum" page on www.acb.org. If you do not yet have a podcast client, you can download one from the Forum page.
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acb.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
ARE YOU MOVING? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.