Volume LVII May 2019 No. 11
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2019 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Home Isn't Always Where Your Heart Is, by Kim Charlson
- Summary of the February 2019 Board Meeting, by Deb Cook
- May's Themes Focus on Convention and Travel
- Get Ready to Register for Rochester!, by Janet Dickelman
- Affiliate News
- What I've Been Hearing about the GDUI Convention, by Mr. A., as told to his dog-mom, Andrea Giudice
- Conventional Wisdom, by Paul Edwards
- Earn Continuing Education Units with ACB, by Carla Ruschival
- Put a Spring in Your Step and Walk with ACB in Rochester, by Katie Frederick
- Want to Propose an Amendment to ACB's Constitution and Bylaws? Here's How, by John Huffman
- How to Be Resolute in Rochester, by Mark Richert
- Come Learn How to Build Membership hrough Outreach and Communication, by Ardis Bazyn
- Picture the Future at the Mini Mall, by Carla Ruschival
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio, the place to be with people in the know! www.acbradio.org