Volume XLIX April 2011 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web site: http://www.acb.org
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
American Council of the Blind
FORUM SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
You can now get "The Braille Forum" by podcast! To subscribe, go to "The Braille Forum" page on www.acb.org. If you do not yet have a podcast client, you can download one from the Forum page.
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acb.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
ARE YOU MOVING? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Advocacy Through Employment, by Mitch Pomerantz
- ACB and American Cancer Society Collaborate to Create Greater Access to Health Information, by Melanie Brunson
- ACB Conference 2011: Golden Past, Diamond Future, by Carla Ruschival
- Nominations Sought for 2011 ACB National Awards, by Cindy Van Winkle
- Striding for Gold in the Silver State: ACB's 3rd Annual Walk/Run, by Dan Dillon
- Involving Youth in ACB, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- April Showers at the ACB Store
- Affiliate News
- Remembering Bill Benson, November 12, 1936-January 22, 2011, by Bev Armstrong
- Letter to the Editor
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
- 2010-2011 ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, and Board of Publications