Volume LVII September 2018 No. 3
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2018 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: ACB Applauds Senate for Advancing Marrakesh Treaty, by Kim Charlson
- Looking Back at St. Louis, and Ahead to Rochester, by Janet Dickelman
- St. Louis ACB’s Gateway to Success, by Ron Brooks, Susan Glass, Donna Brown, Paul Edwards, and Deb Cook Lewis
- Mini Mall News, by Carla Ruschival
- American Council of the Blind Announces Audio Description Awards
- Summary of the ACB Convention Board Meeting, by Deb Cook Lewis
- ACB Radio Holiday Auction: The Fun Begins, by Carla Ruschival
- New ACB Chapter for Members under 40, by Amanda Selm
- Affiliate News
- The Experience of a Lifetime Awaits You at Ski for Light International Week 2019
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, sloverin[email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to [email protected], or visit www.ablists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio has a new and improved web site; come see for yourself at www.acbradio.org.
Keep up with the haps when affiliates stream conventions at www.acbradio.org/news.