Volume LV December 2016 No. 6
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2016 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- Results of the ACB/CUSDGS Survey Are In!, by Tony Stephens
- ACB’s Parenting Video Available – And Has Audio Description, Too
- Scholarship Application for 2017-2018 School Year Now Available!
- Convention Nuggets from Reno, by Janet Dickelman
- ACB Fall Board Meeting Report, by Ron Brooks
- Bid It and Buy It at the ACB Radio Holiday Auction, by Carla Ruschival
- How Do You Find a Job When You Are Blind?, by Marcia Moran
- This Blind Apple Engineer Is Transforming the Tech World at Only 22, by Katie Dupere
- The Things I Do Today, Part Four: Listening with the iPhone, by Paul Edwards
- A Shopper’s Dream, by Carla Ruschival
- Affiliate and Committee News
- In Memoriam: Cleo B. Dolan, 1918-2016, by Bashir Masoodi
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums