Volume LXI October 2022 No. 4
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
© 2022 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Congratulations! We Did It!, by Dan Spoone
- Traveling to Schaumburg, by Janet Dickelman
- 2022 ACB Conference and Convention Summary, by Katie Frederick
- ACB Awards Scholarships to 20 Outstanding Students, by Denise Colley
- Sleepless in Omaha, by Cachet Wells
- My ACB Braille Forum Raffle Story, by Allan Peterson
- ACB Membership Committee Seminar: “Membership 101,” compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws, by John McCann
- Summary of 2022 Resolutions
- Summary of the July 1, 2022 ACB Board Meeting, by Penny Reeder
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Upcoming Forum Themes and Deadlines
December (electronic): International Relations Committee; deadline: October 24th
January: TBA; deadline: November 21st
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.