Volume LV October 2016 No. 4
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2016 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Report to the Convention, Part 2 by Kim Charlson
- The ACB National Convention: A First-Time Attendee’s Perspective, by Nick Pavel
- ACB’s 2016 Scholarship Winners in a Class of Their Own, by Michael Garrett
- 10,000 Steps and Beyond, by Donna Brown
- Board Approves History Committee to Update ‘People of Vision,’ by Doug Powell
- Audio Description Project Celebrates Vitality, Success, and Mentorship, by Susan Glass
- ACB Membership Seminar Tidbits, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Summary of 2016 Resolutions
- ACB Members Enjoy Description with 2016 Olympics, by Eric Bridges
- Traveling to Reno, by Janet Dickelman
- ACB Radio Holiday Auction Seeks Donations, by Carla Ruschival
- Christmastime’s A-Comin’, by Linda Yacks
- Survey of Visually Impaired People and Mobility
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums