Volume LVIII February 2020 No. 8
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- In Memoriam: Catherine Skivers, May 2, 1925 - December 12, 2019
- President's Message: Time to Come to D.C. and Make a Difference, by Dan Spoone
- Looking Back at 2019 - with 2020 vision, by Eric Bridges
- ACB Winds of Change for Conference Registration, by Janet Dickelman
- ACB Angel Memorial Tribute Program
- Elevate to a New Dimension! Apply to Become a 2020 ACB/JPMorgan Chase Leadership Fellow, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- What Type of Leader Are You?, by Linda Bollé
- Trench Tales: Leader of the Pack, by Devorah Greenspan
- Living Your Leadership Every Day, by Susan Lichtenfels
- The Only Moment You Really Have Is Now, by Ilana Breger
- How to Invole Students and Young Members in Your Chapter/Affiliate, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to [email protected], or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio brings old-time radio drama to you 24-7 at http://www.acbradio.org/trove.