Volume LVI April 2018 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (712) 775-4808.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2018 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- ACB Commends Delta for Revising Its Service Animal Policy
- The Gateway to Success Is in St. Louis, by Janet Dickelman
- Meet Me at the Auction
- You’ll Find Lots of Useful Items at the Information Desk in St. Louis, by Vicky Prahin
- The 2018 DKM First-Timers Gift Card Fundraiser Has Its Perks, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- A Note from the MMS Committee
- Transportation and Delivery Service Options for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
- When You Give, You Get Back, by Larry P. Johnson
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to email@example.com, or visit www.ablists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
Want to enjoy ACB Radio but have no computer? It’s all there for you by phone. Call (712) 775-4808.
Want to stream your convention? ACB Radio can help you out; write to firstname.lastname@example.org.