Volume XLVIII December 2009 No. 6
Published by the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve qualtiy of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, visit the ACB web site and complete an application form, or contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Mike Godino at the above mailing address. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office can make printed cards available for this purpose. To remember the American Council of the Blind in your Last Will and Testament, you may include a special paragraph for that purpose. If your wishes are complex, contact the ACB national office.
Join the Monthly Monetary Support (MMS) Program and help improve tomorrow today in ACB. Contact Ron Milliman by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (270) 782-9325 and get started making tomorrow look brighter today!
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or visit the Washington Connection online at http://www.acb.org.
American Council of the Blind
Table of Contents
- Class Action Ruling Announced in American Council of the Blind v. Social Security Administration, by Melanie Brunson
- President's Message: Technology and Independence?, by Mitch Pomerantz
- 2010 Conference and Convention: The Sunny Southwest, by Carla Ruschival
- Summary of the ACB Fall Board Meeting, by Marcia Dresser
- In Memoriam: Margaret R. Pfanstiehl, Radio Reading Service & Audio Description Pioneer, by Joel Snyder
- Affiliate News
- Committee News
- 2010-2011 Scholarship Applications Available Soon!
- An Update on the Breast Cancer Support Group, by Bonnie Rennie
- ACB Radio Is Here for You!, by Debbie Hazelton
- My ACB Christmas Present, by William Benjamin
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
Forum Subscription Notes
You can now get "The Braille Forum" by podcast! To subscribe, go to "The Braille Forum" page on www.acb.org. If you do not yet have a podcast client, you can download one from the Forum page.
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acb.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.