Recently adopted vision statement and core values highlight principles guiding ACB into the future:
To create a society without barriers for the blind and visually impaired community through advocacy, public awareness, collaboration and support.
Integrity and Honesty
- Our word is our bond serving as a foundational element demonstrating our strong democratic principles and values.
- We treat others as we expect to be treated. We welcome each individual's unique talents and honor diverse work and lifestyles.
- We believe success comes from working together to create solutions that advance the organization's mission through partnerships and teamwork.
- We adapt to ever-changing circumstances and situations. We are receptive to multiple points of view and ideas.
- We can and do make a difference in all of our efforts. We embrace continuous learning, hard work, personal responsibility, accountability and motivation.