ACB - A Path To the Future: July 3 - July 10, 2020
If you have registered for the ACB 2020 Virtual Convention, you have already taken the first step on the path. If you haven’t registered you can still run the path with us! There are more opportunities to experience and participate in one of the most ambitious virtual conventions in the non-profit world.
There are several ways to join ACB on our virtual journey:
The convention will be streamed on ACB Radio using multiple streams. All general sessions, and much of our afternoon and evening programming will be live streamed on ACB Radio. Listen to ACB Radio from your computer by going to www.acbradio.org and selecting the stream you want to hear. You can also listen to ACB Radio on the telephone by calling (518) 906-1820.
You can follow the convention via the ACB Link app on your smart phone. Stream ACB Radio through ACB Link and access news, announcements, and special content all in the one stop app on your device. Download ACB Link from the Apple app store for your iPhone or from the Google Play Store for your Android phone.
Humanware Devices are another way to stream the content that will be broadcast across the ACB Radio channels. News and announcements also will be available on the Victor Reader Trek and the Victor Reader Stream.
Follow the convention using Alexa. Seven Alexa skills exist for your use. You may need to enable the Alexa skill for each ACB Radio Mainstream channel. To enable a skill, say “Enable” and then say the name of the channel you would like to connect to. For instance, to enable the ACB Radio Community channel, you would say, “Enable ACB Radio Community.” After the skill has been enabled, the following phrases should be used to launch the streams:
- To play the ACB Radio Mainstream channel, say “Open ACB Radio Mainstream.”
- To play the ACB Radio Mainstream West channel, say “Open ACB Mainstream West.”
- To play the ACB Radio Cafe channel, say “Open ACB Radio Café.”
- To play the ACB Radio Community channel, say “Open ACB Radio Community.”
- To play the ACB Radio Live Event channel, say “Open ACB Radio Live.”
- To play the ACB Radio Special Event channel, say “Open ACB Radio Special.”
- To play the ACB Radio Treasure Trove channel, say “Open ACB Radio Treasures.”
Convention Email List
The ACB Convention email list keeps you up to date on all the news. Even if you aren't at the convention, you can receive "The Digital Daily” and all other information. To subscribe, go to http://www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/acbconvention or send a blank message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To follow the latest goings-on at the convention you can find ACB on:
- Facebook at www.facebook.com/americancounciloftheblindofficial
- Twitter at www.twitter.com/acbnational
- ACB’s YouTube Channel at http://tinyurl.com/gloz7bq
If you need technology assistance during the convention, contact our technology help desk email@example.com or call us at (612) 470-1959.
For general convention questions, call our convention information desk at (612) 470-1947 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach a help desk representative between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern time.