Brooke Jostad, CO, Chair
Peter Altschul, MO, Vice-Chair
Melanie Alt Sinohui, AZ
Michael Babcock, OR
Rosanna Beaudrie, NY
Carrie Muth, OR
Kelsey Nicolay, OH
Sara Freeman-Smith, TX
Officer Liaison: Dan Spoone, FL
Staff Liaison: Swatha Nandhakumar, VA
The Employment Committee, in conjunction with the American Council of the Blind (ACB), is committed to connecting talented, committed visually-impaired people with employment opportunities using podcasts, workshops, advocacy, career fairs, and other strategies.
2022 - 2023 Goals
- Recruit new members via drafting PR material and reaching out to NextGen.
- Advocate that ACB Media broadcast Employment Committee podcasts.
- Strategize with ACB national office to partner with employers committed to hiring qualified visually-impaired people.
- Explore the possibility of conducting a virtual job fair.
- Work with ACB’s national office to set up a list for job announcements.
This webpage was last updated October 27, 2022.