Volume L October-November 2011 No. 3
Published by the American Council of the Blind
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
fax: (703) 465-5085
Web site: http://www.acb.org
THE BRAILLE FORUM (TM) is available in braille, large print, half-speed four-track cassette tape, data CD, and via e-mail. Subscription requests, address changes, and items intended for publication should be sent to Sharon Lovering at the address above, or via e-mail to [email protected].
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at the number listed above.
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB via the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the "Washington Connection" toll-free at (800) 424-8666, 5 p.m. to midnight Eastern time, or read it online.
American Council of the Blind
Table of Contents
- FCC Publishes New Rules Requiring Video Description on TV, by Melanie Brunson
- Midyear Meeting Dates Announced
- National Conference/Convention Report, Part II, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Hollis Liggett: The Man, The Legend, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- ACB in the Silver State: Golden Past, Diamond Future
- Listening in from My Computer: I Wish I Could Have Been There!, by Zerline Johnson
- Mega No Maki Self-Defense Training, by Sharon Lovering
- Racing to Louisville, by Janet Dickelman
- DKM Poised for 2012
- NELDS: Creating a Better Future for Those with Vision Loss, by Jeff Thom and Chris Gray
- RSVA Award Winners
- Affiliate News
- Opening the Gateway for Future Leaders, by Sara Conrad
- Upcoming "Membership Focus" Calls
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
FORUM SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
To subscribe to "The Braille Forum" via e-mail, go to www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/brailleforum-L.
ARE YOU MOVING? DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she'll take care of the changes for you.
The e-mail address listed for Bob Hachey ("The ACB-Chat List Is Back," September 2011) was incorrect. His correct address is [email protected].