ACB Exploration Party Auction
Join our Exploration Party Auction on Tuesday, July 9, at the ACB Conference and Convention in Columbus, Ohio.
Packed with vacations, candy and other goodies, handcrafted items, sports memorabilia, collectibles, and much, much more, our Exploration Party Auction will have you setting sail to discover new worlds.
This is the seventh annual ACB auction, and every year it gets bigger and better. Read about all of our great items here. Auction Preview in Columbus begins at 6:00 PM; bidding starts at 7:00. Cash-and-carry food line and cash bar available for your convenience.
Support ACB and its good work. Let the bidding begin at the 2013 Exploration Party Auction.
ACB Auction 2013
The following 100 series items will be presented during Segment 1 beginning at 7:00 PM.
- Talking Digital Atomic Watch (choice of men's or women's), donated by Maxi Aids. Hear the time at the press of a button and never set your watch again! The Reizen Atomic Talking Watch features a clear announcement of time, date, day of week, alarm, status and more in a male voice.
- Noah's Ark Musical Figurine, donated by Washington Council of the Blind. This beautiful display has Noah's ark filled with animals, on top of a wave with a rainbow behind it and a small globe in front with 2 dolphins in it; it is made by the San Francisco Music Box Company and plays the tune "The Magic Flute".
- Let's Get Pickled Box, donated by Cedar Rapids chapter of ICUB. Includes: pickle pen, pickle stress squeeze toy, pickle bottle stopper, pickle lip balm, pickle mints, yodeling pickle, pickled eggs, jar of dill pickles and a bottle of Southern Comfort.
- Autographed Pictures of Country Stars, donated by Sony Music. Three signed 4"x6" photos of Ronnie Dunn, Kristen Kelly, and Kix Brooks
- Key West package, donated by Florida Council of the Blind. Includes 4 nights at the Curry Mansion (exp. 2/15/15), tickets to the Hemmingway House, the Truman House, Konch Train, the Aquarium and Shipwreck, and certificates to Dantes and for coffee.
- Joe Namath autographed plaque, donated by Dan Spoone. This 8"x10" plaque displays a photo of Hall of Famer, Quarterback of the New York Jets, Joe Namath, and is autographed by Broadway Joe himself. Numbered, this is an official product of the NFL.
- Amethyst Ring, donated by Washington Council of the Blind. Make your hand a showplace with this dramatic ring as the glamorous centerpiece. An oval faceted amethyst (in a deep purple) crowns a polished sterling silver marcasite band. Size 8.
- Candy dish and Visa card. The covered candy dish, donated by Dan Spoone, is made of white porcelain and decorated with flowers on top. The $50 Visa Card, donated by Council of Citizens with Low Vision International, is included to help you fill the candy dish or to spend any way you like!
- Elvis Bear, donated by Tennessee Council of the Blind. Each bear is dressed in different Elvis-style suits and plays a different Elvis song in his original voice:
- A. "Don't Be Cruel"
- B. "Jailhouse Rock"
- C. "Burning Love."
- Brailliant BI 32, donated by HumanWare. Designed for extensive reading with the full comfort and intuitive display navigation of HumanWare's signature thumb keys.
- Flowered Quilt, donated by Vicki Prahin. A large 70"x56" quilt with a black background; the front is white and burgundy with purple and orange flowers and ferns.
- Maker's Mark "ACB '52" Collectible, donated by Greater Louisville Council of the Blind. Fine Kentucky bourbon in a one-of-a-kind bottle; special label contains the ACB logo and says "ACB '52, Columbus, Ohio".
- Disney Children's Books, donated by Beulah Reimer Legacy (BRL). This set includes four Disney titles: Dumbo, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, and The Lion King. All have contracted Grade 2 braille added to the print pages with pictures.
- Lunch with Mitch and Donna Pomerantz. Here's your chance to enjoy a meal with our outgoing President and first lady as their guest.
- Nashville Package, donated by friends of the Dillons. 2 nights at the Comfort Suites and 2 nights at the Inn at Opryland with a certificate for a complete dinner for two (from appetizer to dessert), 4 VIP passes to the Grand Ole Opry with 4 backstage tours (not good at the Ryman Auditorium), lunch or dinner at Cracker Barrel with Mike Terry (announcer of the Grand Ole Opry), an evening of honky tonking on Broadway with Michael Fulghum as your personal guide, a carriage ride for up to six people, and a $25 gift certificate for the Ernest Tubb Record Shop. (All certificates good through 7/1/14 or later.)
- New York Yankee's Mariano Rivera 602 all-time save leader 24k Gold Baseball, donated by Major League Baseball. Commemorate Mariano Rivera's historical 602 save with this commemorative 24k gold baseball. Mariano has secured his legacy as one of the best closers of all time with his passing of Trevor Hoffman on the All-Time Saves list. The 24-karat gold leather official Major League® baseball from Gold Sport Collectibles and Rawlings® is a revolutionary product that artfully infuses 24 karat gold into the leather which is then used to build the baseball to precise Major League® standards.
- 14k Gold Necklace and Bracelet, donated by Leslie Spoone. This beautiful set, weighing over 12 grams of 14 karat gold total, includes an 18" chain, 2" of which are a solid knotted gold, and matching 7" bangle bracelet, with the same knotted gold. A perfect gift for yourself or that special lady in your life. Whether wearing with jeans or a formal gown, this will go perfectly with any wardrobe.
- Annette Funicello Bear, donated by Connie Hollis, WCB. This is a Mohair Raspberry Teddy Bear from the Annette Funicello Collectible Teddy Bear Co. She's pink with movable arms and legs, wearing a raspberry decorated wreath on her head and an Annette Funicello pin in her left ear. She comes with all tags, but no original box.
- Capital Steps CD: "Fiscal Shades of Gray", donated by Bill Hearn. Includes 20 parodies such as: "Secret Service Man", "I Like Big Bucks", "One Joke Over the Line", and more.
- WindowEyes, donated by GW Micro. This software provides total screen reading access for blind computer users.
- Block of the Month Quilt, made by Kay Fulghum. This beautiful quilt has twelve different 18" blocks in soft colors of olive green, peach tone on tone, black tone on tone, a zig-zag pattern of 3 tones of peach, black on peach and more. A white 2" sashing is around each block set with black cornerstones. It has a 6" border of a multi-colored peach with a hint of olive green paisley print; the paisley print is the backing for the quilt and is bound with the soft olive green. This is a true masterpiece.
- 8 movie passes, donated by Cinemark. Treat the entire family to a night at the movies; good at Cinemark and Century Theaters.
- 3-Piece Luggage Set, donated by Dawn Brooks. This black, soft-sided set includes carry-on bag, over-sized night bag with handles, and a cosmetic bag.
- Two pounds of Sees Chocolates, donated by Washington Council of the Blind. Includes choice:
- A. 2-pound assortment of soft centers
- B. 2-pound assortment of nuts and chews
- Orlando Package, donated by Florida Council of the Blind. Includes: 2 nights each at the Dolphin and Swan Hotel and the Downtown Sheraton (exp. 6/30/14) and one night at the Four Point Sheraton (exp. 12/15/13), 2 tickets to Wet and Wild (exp. 12/31/13), 2 tickets to Gatorland (exp. 5/18/14), 4 hopper tickets to Universal Studios (exp. 7/1/14), and 8 tickets to Lego Land (exp. Oct. 2013), a gift certificate to Darden's Restaurants and a certificate for the Richard Petty Driving Experience.
- Nolan Ryan Autographed Plaque, donated by Tim and Maria Stone. This is an 8"x10" photo of Nolan Ryan wearing a Texas Ranger uniform in mid-pitch. Set on a 15" wide x 12" high plaque, the side of the photo are 4 engravings depicting the teams he played for and the years played. Below that is an engraving that says, "Nolan Ryan - 27 years of excellence" and "(1966, 1968-1993)." (Engravings a little worn in spots and does not have a COA)
- Black Hills Gold Tie Tack, donated by South Dakota Association of the Blind. This is a Black Hills gold tie tack in the shape of a rainbow trout, featuring the pink hues found in the western part of South Dakota.
- Talking Thermostat, donated by The Ezra Group, LLC. The VIP 3000 Talking Thermostat is a universal heating/cooling system with enhanced speech functions design for people who are blind or have low vision and is fully functional, whether in programmable or nonprogrammable modes. It can control most gas, oil and electric 24-Vac heating and air-conditioning systems, including the newest multi-stage furnaces, air conditioners and heat pump systems.
- Scentsy Warmer and 3 Scentsy Bars, donated by Idaho Council of the Blind. Scentsy Warmers allow you to enjoy the fragrance of wax without using a wick or flame. A saucer set atop the warmer holds a wax cube while the lighted bulb below heats it, wafting the fragrance through your home. Includes a full-size warmer called Pueblo. Inspired by ancient canyon dwellings, Pueblo's Southwestern design is set on a sun-baked terra cotta background. Also includes 3 Scentsy Bars: Simply Rose, Simple Strawberry and Simply Vanilla.
- EClipseWriter Professional 5.0, donated by IRTI. eClipseWriter Pro offers talking word processing, Daisy book conversion and includes ABBYY FineReader Scanning OCR engine. Scan and read books or documents, edit, and save As Daisy media. Read and write MS Word Docx, RTF, HTML, XML, TXT files; open and read PDF as text or converted to RTF. Compatible with most newer cameras and has webcam support.
- Decorative Peace Pipe, donated and decorated by Dr. Angela Longboat. The peace pipe, made of brass and wood covered in leather with fluff feathers against the pipe, midway and at the end, looks like a tomahawk. It is a formal peace pipe for one tribe to another or one nation to another nation. Not necessarily just for peace, it also symbolizes agreements, marriages and family gatherings.
- 1 Year Subscription to Bookshare, donated by National Association of Blind Teachers. Bookshare offers accessible books and periodicals for people with print disabilities.
- The Wilson 3rd Edition, donated by Mid-Tennessee Council of the Blind. This is a digital recording device with very easy-to-navigate buttons; sold by APH.
- Norman Rockwell plates, donated by Melissa Dubose. Each plate is boxed and comes with certificate of authenticity.
- A. man showing a little girl how to paint a doll bed
- B. mother with two kids
- Victor Reader Stream (New Generation), donated by HumanWare. This handheld media player plays DAISY books, MP3, MP4, EPUB, and many other media formats, records voice and media with built-in microphone or line-in, 2 built-in human-sounding voices for a pleasant text-to-speech experience, and built-in wireless Internet capability.
- Philadelphia Phillies Authentic Chase Utley Home Cool Base Jersey, donated by Major League Baseball. The jersey has evolved. Today's athletes want cool, technical lightweight jerseys for mid-summer games. Majestic answered their call with the Authentic On-Field Cool Base Jersey. By taking advantage of Cool Base moisture-wicking, you can now stay comfortable as the temperatures outside rise. Just like the Big Leaguers.
- Washington DC Charm Bracelet, donated by Arlington Office Staff. This silver bracelet has a heart-shaped clasp and bears 8 charms: branch with pink and white cherry blossoms, White House with the words "White House" engraved on bottom, Washington Monument flanked by three hearts on each side, Capitol building, eagle with a handbag in its tallons, scroll of the Constitution with a quill and the words "We the People" on back, bust of George Washington, and heart-shaped charm with an American flag on one side and the word "Washington" on the other. Comes in a decorative cloth bag.
- FIA Showcase pack, donated by Friends In Art. Includes an FIA T-shirt, the book "Breaking Barriers" by Peter Altschul, and a certificate to co-host the 2014 FIA Showcase.
- Spoil Your Dog. Natural Balance Pet Foods Inc has donated a buffet of goodies such as sample dry dog food, canned food, dog food rolls, and more. And Leslie Spoone adds to this gift an extra large Washington Redskins Doggy jersey ready for your guide or pet to wear on game day.
- Pebble Mini, donated by Enhanced Vision. Its ultra-compact design makes it the ideal hand-held magnifier; easily reads prescriptions, mail, labels and price tags.
- Wall Hanging - donated by Vicki Prahin. A 31"x31" wall hanging in greens and maroons with small flowers.
- Sudoku Touch, donated by Perkins School for the Blind. This is a deluxe Sudoku game made from beautiful birchwood with a wooden drawer for storing game tiles. Puzzles and number tiles have both braille and large print. Playing and placeholder tiles fit easily into the plastic puzzle grid. Instructions and Solutions Guide is written in both braille and large print, with 40 puzzles ranging from easy to very hard. Game board measures 13" x 3.5" x 12.5" and weighs about 6.5 lbs.
- California Basket, donated by California Council of the Blind. Includes: a one-hour coaching session from Ardis Bazyn, $25 gift certificate for the Cheesecake Factory, and Brighton Hawaii Charm Bracelet. 7 3-dimensional charms hang from this silver-tone treasure: state of Hawaii, heart-shaped lei, hula dancer with grass skirt made of 3 dangling links, red Aloha t-shirt, pineapple, mermaid holding a pearl above her head, and surfboard, presented in a Brighton heart-shaped box.
- New York Yankees Mariano Rivera Authentic Home Jersey, donated by Major League Baseball. The classic Authentic On-Field jersey is designed with all the rigors of on-field use in mind. When you wear this jersey, you can trust that you are wearing the same design worn by the pros. From the durable double-knit fabric and authentic MLB decoration down to the detail of the authentic locker tag, you are wearing the original.
- Large Raggedy Ann and Andy Dolls, handmade by Kay Fulghum about 20 years ago. Each doll is dressed in its traditional attire. Dolls are approximately 36" tall and still in excellent condition. Raggedy Ann wears a navy blue calico dress with white ruffled apron and pantaloons. Raggedy Andy wears a red and white gingham shirt with matching collar and white ribbon tie, blue chambray knee pants with matching sailor hat. His suit, sewn as a jumpsuit, has 2 white buttons at the waist and 2 smaller ones on the outside hem of each leg. Both dolls have red and white striped legs with black fabric shoes. Their skin is pale peach fabric with hand-painted smiling faces sporting the trademark large round eyes and red triangular nose, and bright red yarn hair sown in single strands around the face and covering the back of their heads. Their bodies also have a hand-painted feature which is the trademark of all original Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, a red heart on the chest with the message "I love you" painted in the center.
* Door Prize Item: $50 cash, donated by Randolph-Sheppard Vendors of America. The winning name will be drawn at the beginning of Segment 2; must be present to win.
The following 200 series items will be presented during Segment 2 beginning at approximately 8:45 pm.
- Moshi Talking Clock, donated by Mid-Tennessee Council of the Blind. This talking clock has voice activation.
- Hearts and Kisses Music Box, donated by Tennessee Council of the Blind. This beautiful piece has a gorgeous ornamental design on top with two drawers to hold special trinkets. When one of the drawers is opened, it plays the CD quality rendition of "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison.
- Angela's Awesome Homemade Beef Jerky, donated by Angela Fowler. Includes 6-ounce packages of each: Tantalizing Teriyaki (sweet and a bit smokey), Mild Cajun (flavorful with a little kick), Ragin' Cajun (designed for those who challenge each other to see who can eat the spiciest food), and Dad's Bragging Rights (sweet and a bit spicy).
- Navajo Longhair Kachina Doll - donated by Arizona Council of the Blind. Signed by Navajo wood artist, Marvin Jim, this Kachina doll was made the traditional old-fashioned way, masterly hand-carved from genuine cottonwood root. The natural shape of the root was used to form the body of this 7.5" tall doll, painted by hand in bright and vibrant colors and bringing life to the traditional designs.
- Savannah Package, donated by Georgia Council of the Blind. Includes 2 nights at the Best Western (exp. 12/31/13), certificates to Paula Deen's Restaurant, Pirates House (exp. Aug. 2013) and Riverboat Cruise, and tickets for the Trolley and Ghost tour (exp. Feb. 2014).
- Troy Aikman Autographed Plaque, donated by Dan Spoone. This 8"x10" plaque displays a photo of Hall of Fame Quarterback from the Dallas Cowboys, Troy Aikman, along with his autograph. Numbered, this is an official product of the NFL.
- Sterling Silver Ring, donated by Paul Odham Opals and Gems. A red stone in a sterling silver setting packaged in a yellow rose case.
- $125 gift certificate for Legal Seafood, donated by Bay State Council of the Blind. Includes choice of one meal from a selection of 3 options including live lobsters, filet mignon, jumbo shrimp, oysters, crab cakes and more.
- Bright Spot Bear, donated by Tennessee Council of the Blind. This delightful bear plays "Wind Beneath My Wings".
- Trekker Breeze, donated by HumanWare. This easy handheld all-in-one GPS verbally announces names of streets, intersections and landmarks as you walk. Know your surroundings, including businesses; get step-by-step instructions from start to end.
- Disappearing Nine Patch Lap Quilt, made by Kay Fulghum. This 53"x68" quilt is the perfect size to keep at the foot of the bed, in a large basket in the family room, or take with you on a long drive or plane trip. The design is called "Disappearing Nine Patch". After all of the nine patch blocks were completed, they were cut into four squares, then turned to create various combinations of the pattern. The colors are soft aqua with tiny brown polka dots and a paisley print that has shades of aqua, soft cream, and medium tan. (The tiny polka dot pattern is also used as the backside of the quilt).
- Lake Barkley Spirits, donated by Dr. Ron and Palma Milliman. Includes one pint each of Dr. Ron's Special Reserve (Apple Pie Moonshine, Peach Pie Moonshine, and Blueberry Pie Moonshine) and Palma's Special Recipe Bourbon Balls.
- Wilt Chamberlain Autographed Picture, donated by Tim and Maria Stone. This is a 12" wide x 15" high picture. Shown in a practice high school game wearing his Overbrook High School jersey performing a hook shot. (Circa 1950). A little worn around the edges. Certificate of Authenticity taped to back of plaque.
- Singing Musical Lighted Birthday Cake and Musical Cake Server Knife, donated by Tennessee Council of the Blind. What a fun duo. As the cake plays the birthday song, lights flash around the acrylic plate. The festive and fun knife plays the birthday song, the wedding march, graduation song and "For He's A Jolly Good Fellow"; it is fun for parties and special celebrations.
- Daytona Beach Package, donated by Tim Paul of Chicago, IL. A week at the Wyndham Ocean Walk Resort. This unit has 2 bedrooms, 2 bath, fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, balcony, all the amenities of home. The resort offers activities for family members of all ages: indoor and outdoor swimming pools, outdoor hot tub, beach, lazy river water slide, game room, exercise equipment, island putting green, bar and grill, live entertainment and more. (good the week of Sept. 27-Oct. 4, 2013).
- Boston Red Sox Authentic Jackie Bradley Jr. Home Cool Base Jersey, donated by Major League Baseball. The jersey has evolved. Today's athletes want cool, technical lightweight jerseys for mid-summer games. Majestic answered their call with the Authentic On-Field Cool Base jersey. By taking advantage of Cool Base moisture-wicking, you can now stay comfortable as the temperatures outside rise. Just like the Big Leaguers.
- Freshwater Pearls, donated by Leslie Spoone. This is a beautiful 20-inch strand of Honora ringed white freshwater cultured pearls with an alligator clasp.
- Sweet Valentine Barbie, donated by Barbara and Richard McDonald. This 1995 doll in original box wears a graceful 1830's pink gown with ribbon roses reflecting the importance of the rose as a symbol of love. Roses also appear on the miniature reproduction of the 19th-century Valentine which is enclosed with her. Sweet Valentine is the first in a series of special edition Barbie dolls created by Mattel to honor the endearing tradition of St. Valentine's Day.
- Blue Grass Package, donated by Theresa Thomas, Blue Grass Council of the Blind. Includes: Conch Republic's Flipflop and Bottle Top CD, free download for the single "Splash", the ingredients for the drink Conch Republic Splash (includes Coconut and Mango Rums, Island Punch Pucker and Sprite), Conch Republic T-shirt, and bar towel with Conch Republic Splash recipe on it.
- Apple TV, donated by Blind Information Technology Specialists. Apple TV is a tiny entertainment powerhouse, small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, sits near your TV, and best of all is fully accessible using Voiceover. It plays the content you love from iTunes, Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, and your favorite sports leagues on your TV. Just plug it in and discover a whole world of movies, TV shows, photos, music, and more. Since everything streams wirelessly to Apple TV using your Wi-Fi network, that's all you need.
- Newborn Baby Girl's Quilt, made by Penny Crane. An adorable, handmade quilt of 4-1/2-inch square fabric pieces featuring zoo and farm animals, kittens, puppies, angels, little girls, bunnies and froggies. Hand-tied and very washable.
- 5 Regal Entertainment Movie Passes, donated by Regal Entertainment Group. You definitely want to get these now that you can enjoy audio description at your local Regal Cinema, and if not yet, soon. * * * *
- Pride of Dakota, donated by North Dakota Association of the Blind. Included in this bag of Dakota goodies are: an 8-oz. jar of Mable's Taste of Home chokecherry jelly, 12-oz. bottle of Mable's Taste of Home strawberry syrup, 5-oz. container of Dot's Pretzels, Dakota Cheese Soup from the Thunderbird Ranch, 19-oz. package of Simple Golden Harvest Cheese Garlic biscuit mix, and a 9-oz. stick of North Prairie Bison Summer Sausage. Yum!
- Washington DC Package, donated by Old Dominion Council of the Blind. Includes two nights with breakfast for 2 at the Holiday Inn at Crystal City (exp. 3/20/14), certificates to Café Italiano, Rays the Steaks (April 2014), Legal Seafood, Cantina Mexicana, and the Holocaust Museum.
- New York Yankees Game-Used Baseball Cuff Links, donated by Major League Baseball. Produced by Tokens and Icons, these cuff links are crafted from an MLB Authenticated game-used Yankees baseball. Set in sterling silver, these cuff links feature the unmistakable red stitching and the little scratches and scuffs that let you know that they have seen game play. This product is officially licensed by Major League Baseball and includes a tamper-evident hologram sticker to ensure authenticity.
- Black Hills Gold Pendant, donated by South Dakota Association of the Blind. This teardrop pendant featuring a cluster of silver leaves hangs from a silver-tone chain.
- Autographed 3-pack, donated by Sony Music. Includes three CD's each autographed by the respective artist: Brad Paisley, "5th Gear"; Carrie Underwood, "Blown Away"; and Jake Owen, "Barefoot Bluejean Nights".
- Solid Perfume 3 Pack, donated by Idaho Council of the Blind. From the Layers by Scentsy collection, each day you'll find the right scent to match your mood or occasion from these three fabulous fragrances. Includes: French Lavender (pure herbal fragrance of wild lavender from the hills of France), Love Story (innocent pink jasmine and sensual amber embraced by luscious dark chocolate), and Satin Sheets (sensual and earthy sandalwood perfectly paired with rich, warm vanilla).
- Tactile View, donated by Irie-AT INC. Creating tactile graphics has never been so fun and easy as with the TactileView Design software. Knowledge of Braille is not required, a Braille embosser or swell paper is.
- Halloween Throw, donated by Vicki Prahin. This is a 57"x40" Halloween-themed throw with four colorful squares containing: witch and pumpkin and says "Happy Haunting," Mummy, Frankenstein and witch and says "Tis the season for Trick or Treatin'", pumpkins, ghosts and bats and says "Trick or Treat, Happy Halloween," and three cats and says "Scaredy cats!"
- 1 Year Subscription to Newsreel, donated by Newsreel Magazine Inc. Newsreel, by and for the blind, is a unique monthly interactive audio magazine produced in the voices of its blind or visually impaired subscribers.
- Tiny Tunes MP3 Player, donated by Future Aids, The Braille Superstore. This player is about the size of a lighter, has 4 GB of flash memory, plays music and E-books in MP# and WMA format, has voice recording capability and an FM radio. Speaks all menus including radio frequencies. Internal rechargeable battery has up to 70 hours of play time, and comes with a USB cord and earphones. No vision needed to use this product.
- Gone with the Wind Collectors plates, donated by Cindy and Tim Van Winkle, WCB. Set of 5 Knowles china plates depicting the memorable story of Gone with the Wind from the Bradford Exchange (all with certificates of authenticity). Includes:
- Scarlett walking in a field of flowers.
- Ashley in full Civil War regalia, descending grand staircase.
- Melanie in beautiful gown leaving the garden gate.
- Rhett standing in front of fireplace smoking a cigar.
- Mammy lacing corset on Scarlett.
- Sendero PC Maps V2013, donated by Sendero Group. This software allows you to explore your environment and develop location literacy in the process; can be used by itself on the PC or partnered with other Sendero GPS products. With an intuitive user interface and the power of the PC, accessible maps are at your fingertips. Just type a destination, select a route and you are on your way. Easily save and print or emboss routes to take with you or to share. Includes a downloadable version with a one-year license.
- Baltimore Ravens Sweatshirt and Dinner, donated by ACB of Maryland. Includes a Ravens sweatshirt, size XL, and a gift card for Outback Steakhouse.
- Braille "Breathe" Necklace, donated by Braille Design. A beautiful reminder to enjoy life to the fullest, this necklace is hand-embossed with the word "breathe" in grade Two braille and is designed by Alice Woodside Lynch.
- Dialogue and Cookbook, donated by Blindskills Inc. Includes a one-year subscription to Dialogue Magazine; choice of braille or large print cookbook.
- For the Love of the Dog, donated by Guide Dog Users Inc. Includes: a stainless steel dog dish, 2 plush dog-shaped toys, one nyla bone, a lint roller, a collapsible dish for on the go, and a gift card for Target.
- Devotion Doves Figurine, donated by Dan Spoone. Made of Wedgewood white bone china and made in England.
- Mini Purse, made by Joni Krapf. This mini purse is an Easter egg plaid with crystal fringe.
- Customized Cane - donated by Kustom Cane. Design your cane to reflect your personality. Don't be plain, go Kustom Cane!
- Shop Till You Drop. This package includes two $50 gift cards, one good at Amazon and the other at Independent Living Aids; both donated by Eileen Akers, Connecticut.
- CleanLogic "Essentials" Package, donated by CleanLogic. Includes seven different types of exfoliating scrubbers, two mesh bath sponges, and 2 different eye masks.
- Save Up For Vegas! Includes: an elephant bank, donated by Michigan Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired, and Nuts and Cash, donated by Virginia Association of the Blind. Standing about 8" high and 10"x6" in length and width, this is a ceramic elephant bank holding a golden ball in the air from the end of his trunk. It is inscribed with "Saving for Vegas" "Pure Michigan 2013". This is paired with 10 pounds of Planters Peanuts in the shells and $50 in cash to start the savings.
This webpage was last updated June 19, 2013.