Volume LIV June 2016 No. 12
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2016 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Due to an editing error, the time listed in the May issue for the Candidates’ Forum was incorrect. This year’s Candidates’ Forum will take place at 5:45 p.m. Central time on Tuesday, July 5, at the ACB conference and convention in Minneapolis, Minn. We regret the error.
Table of Contents
- The ACB E-Forum, June 2016 downloads
- President’s Message: Netflix to Enhance Access for Customers Who Are Blind, by Kim Charlson
- With Artificial Intelligence, Facebook Helps the Blind to Know What’s in the Pictures, by Diego Graglia
- What’s Going on in Minneapolis? Read and Find Out!, by Janet Dickelman
- Sprint Seeks Consumer Input, by Kelly Egan
- Stroll the Minneapolis Skywalks for ACB, by Donna Brown
- Extra, Extra! Convention Newspaper Now Seeking Volunteers
- MMS Committee Goal for 2016: 25 at $25, by Mike Godino
- My Privacy Matters, by Larry P. Johnson
- Patricia LaFrance-Wolf Memorial Fund to Assist People with Diabetes
- Affiliate News
- The Transportation Challenge, by Kendra Farrow
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
For news you can use, check out the new ACB Radio World News and Information at acbradio.org.
Blind show hosts offer a plethora of musical genres at www.acbradio.org/interactive.