Volume XLVIII February 2010 No. 8
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2010 American Council of the Blind
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President's Message: Changing How Others See Us by Mitch Pomerantz
- My Very First Rehabilitation Lesson by Carl Jarvis
- Finding My Niche by Barbara Mattson
- Helping Hands by Diane S. Ferrell
- Letters to the Editor
- Here and There, edited by Sue Lichtenfels
- A Reminder to Social Security Beneficiaries: You Have New Rights in the New Year by Melanie Brunson
- High Tech Swap Shop
- The Sunny Southwest: ACB Conference and Convention 2010 by Carla Ruschival
- Second Annual ACB Walk by Dan Dillon
- Board of Publications Awards: This Year it Could Be You!
- Spotlight Your Affiliate with a Bop Award!
- The MMS Program makes it easier for you to help ACB by Dena Wilson
- Affiliate News
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.