News from ACB Diabetics in Action
The ACB Diabetics in Action affiliate has been hard at work continually trying to improve. We continue to hold our discussion calls on the second Wednesday of each month at 9 p.m. Eastern/6 p.m. Pacific. To join the call, dial (515) 604-9387 and use access code 694958. We have been having speakers come and talk about topics that members have stated they would like to hear more on. Please join us. If you have a topic you’d like information on, let us know.
By the time you read this, we should be well into our fundraiser event, which is a joint effort with Tupperware. Tupperware has selected items from the catalog, for which ACBDA will receive 40% of the sales on those items. You can choose anything from the entire catalog. This would be a great way to order Christmas gifts or items for yourself. All orders are shipped directly to you (or the person you would like it shipped to), and payments can be made by credit card when you place your order. For more information, contact Dee Clayton via email, email@example.com, or Becky Dunkerson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to join ACBDA, or renew your membership for 2020, there’s no time like the present. Dues are $10. In addition to speakers and monthly discussions, we have a quarterly newsletter that is sent only to members. You may pay by check or by PayPal. To do so, go to our website, acbda.org, and select the membership link. If you have questions, or need help to renew your membership, contact Mike Godino at email@example.com or Dee Clayton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Games with Ralph, Volume 2!
If you enjoyed Games with Ralph, the Braille Revival League has a real treat for you! BRL has developed a new volume of Games with Ralph, vol. 2, which consists of nine braille games. All proceeds from the purchase of this booklet go directly to the Braille Revival League. The nine games in this booklet are referred to as innings, and each game or inning is on a sheet unto itself. The answers are also on separate pages.
- Scrambled bird names — unscramble the letters to find the bird.
- Numerical uses a standard telephone key pad-numbers two through nine-so translate those numbers into a word; each answer will have two braille contractions.
- Four-letter word sweep — there are four four-letter words for each clue. Take one letter from each word thereby creating a four-letter word answer appropriate to the clue.
- Phobias — figure out these phobias.
- All numbers — just figure out the answers to this inning.
- Two-word tango — there are two clues for each answer.
- The White House — see what you know about the women and men who lived there.
- Bible anagrams — unscramble these names from the Bible!
- Rivers and Lakes — see what you know about these rivers and lakes.
To purchase a games booklet, contact BRL’s treasurer, Jane Carona, at (301) 598-2131. The cost for one booklet is $10. Or you may purchase volumes one and two for $15. Thanks again for your support of the Braille Revival League!
Ohio and Indiana to Hold Joint Convention
Join ACB-Ohio and ACB of Indiana in Columbus, Ohio, at the Crowne Plaza North Hotel for this year’s state convention, taking place Nov. 15-17. We will begin with a pre-convention tour of the Ohio State House. This year’s theme is “Breaking Down Barriers,” and speakers and workshops will reflect that theme. Reserve a room at (614) 885-1885 using group code BLI.