Volume LIX October 2020 No. 4
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (518) 906-1820 and choose option 8. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (518) 906-1820.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: White Cane Travel with Masks, Goggles and Disinfectant Wipes, by Dan Spoone
- Summary of ACB’s Pre-Convention Board Meeting, by Deb Cook Lewis
- Mega News from the Mini Mall, by Carla Ruschival
- How Involving Special-Interest Affiliates Could Increase Your State Affiliate Membership, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Affiliate News
- Remembering Jeanne Sanders, by Greg Lindberg
- The Americans with Disabilities Act Turns 30!, by Anthony Corona
- On the ADA at Thirty, by Peter Altschul
- Vision Loss, Therapy, and Weight Lifting, by Patrick Raymond
- Ever Wanted to Do a Triathlon? Dare2tri Can Help, by Tim Paul
- DARE2TRI: A Triathlon Club for People with Disabilities, by Tim Paul
- Perseverance and Practice Pay Off in Martial Arts, by Sharon Lovering
- Swimming Blind and Free, by Bill Henderson
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
ACB Radio, the place to be with people in the know! www.acbradio.org
Got a request? Tune in to ACB Radio Interactive and ask the DJ on duty to play it for you at www.acbradio.org.