The ACB E-Forum Volume LX June 2022 No. 12
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
© 2022 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: My First In-Person ACB Convention, by Dan Spoone
- ACB’s 2022 Convention Will Be Hybrid, by Penny Reeder
- In-Person Convention Attendance Details, by Janet Dickelman
- Walking Everywhere for ACB and Its Affiliates, by Donna Brown
- Affiliate News
- In Memoriam: Travis Johnson, November 10, 1945-March 30, 2022
- Being Proactive: What Does This Mean to the Non-Sighted Community?, by Arturo Espinoza
- Blind People Won the Right to Break Ebook DRM. In 3 Years, They’ll Have to Do It Again, by Damon Beres
- 60 ‘Choice’ Years
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Upcoming Forum Themes and Deadlines
August (E-Forum): IVIE; deadline: June 24th
September: Audio Description Project; deadline: July 25th
October (E-Forum): Convention wrap-up; deadline: August 26th
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.