Volume LVII August 2018 No. 2
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2018 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- New Directions for the ACB Braille and E-Forum Magazines, by Ron Brooks
- Taking the Forum Back to School, by Ron Brooks
- The Special Education Task Force: Powerful and Little Known, by Paul Edwards
- The Key to a Powerful Start: Preschool Programs for Children Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired, by Ron Brooks
- Fear of Teaching, by Susan Glass
- Special Accommodations for Standardized Tests, by John Buckley
- President’s Message: College Success! A New Program for an Old Problem, by Kim Charlson
- Education Outside the Classroom, by John Buckley
- August, by Ron Brooks
- A Tribute to Barbara McDonald, by Gail Wilt
- ACB Receives Century of Change Award
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
Got a request? Tune in to ACB Radio Interactive and ask the DJ on duty to play it for you at www.acbradio.org.
All blind musicians, all the time at the ACB Radio Café, www.acbradio.org/cafe.