The ACB E-Forum Volume LX April 2022 No. 10
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
© 2022 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Dad, Thank You for the Legacy, by Dan Spoone
- Convention Sneak Preview, by Janet Dickelman
- Calling All Candidates, by Katie Frederick
- The ACB Constitution and Bylaws Committee Wants to Hear from You
- The Strength of My Grandmother’s Culture, by Cheryl Cumings
- A Mother’s Story, by Regina Brink
- Armenian Connections, by Mary Haroyan
- Finding Our Way, by Susan Kitazawa
- Growing Up in Los Angeles with a Political Mother, by Pamela Hill Metz
- Hispanic Culture for the Gringo Eye, by Gabriel Lopez Kafati
- Seeing Color While Blind, by Linda Samulski
- What It Means to Be Italian-American, by Anthony Corona
- My Six Weeks in Ghana, by Chris Bell
- Blindness Culture: Reimagining Who We Are, by Paul Edwards
- Where Have All the Voices Gone?, by Arturo Espinoza
- Love Letter to Me!, by Cachet Wells
- No More Racism, by Bob Branco
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- ACB Media Music, by Nancy Scott
- The Cabin, by Ann Chiappetta
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.