Volume LXI September 2022 No. 3
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (518) 906-1820 and choose option 8. Tune in to ACB Media at www.acbmedia.org or by calling (518) 906-1820.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/acbnational.
© 2022 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: The Audio Description Project Is Making a Difference, by Dan Spoone
- 2022 Conference and Convention Wrap-Up, by Janet Dickelman
- Thank You from the Auction Committee
- Section 508 Audio Description in the Federal Sector, by Pat Sheehan
- Smart Television for Dummies, by Carl Richardson
- The Audio Describer as Cast Member: Audio Description at Every Performance, by Joel Snyder, Ph.D.
- Audio Description Project 2022 Achievement Awards, by Kim Charlson
- ADP Congratulates This Year’s Young Audio Description Reviewers, by Susan Glass
- ACB 2022 Audio Description Awards Gala
- Affiliate News
- Notice of Proposed Settlement of Class Action and Fairness Hearing
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Upcoming Forum Themes and Deadlines
November: Diabetics in Action; deadline: September 23rd
December (electronic): International Relations Committee; deadline: October 24th
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.