Volume LX September 2021 No. 3
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind™ is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2021 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: ACB, We Did It!, by Dan Spoone
- 2021 Convention Truly ‘Better Together Wherever We Are,’ by Janet Dickelman
- Wrapping Up ACB’s Second Virtual Conference and Convention, by Katie Frederick
- And This Year’s Award Winners Are …, by Debbie Rozear and Deb Trevino
- Thank You from the Auction Committee, by Leslie Spoone
- ACB Membership Seminar Focuses on How to Create a Successful Virtual or Hybrid Conference and Convention, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Achievement Awards in Audio Description Presented
- Isolation to Inspiration, by Cheryl McNeil Fisher and Kathleen P. King
- Affiliate News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.