Volume LIX September 2020 No. 3
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
Editor’s Note: If you sent in an article about the ADA at 30, sports/health/fitness, or rehabilitation, look for it in the October E-Forum, space permitting.
- President’s Message: Summer Breezes, Independence and Finally Baseball!, by Dan Spoone
- ACB 2020 Convention Thank-Yous, by Janet Dickelman
- ACB 2020 Virtual Conference and Convention: That’s a Wrap!, by Deb Cook Lewis, Paul Edwards and Zelda Gebhard
- And the 2020 Awards Winners Are …, by Debbie Rozear and Deb Trevino
- To Mobility and Beyond, by Ron Brooks
- We Walked the Virtual Path to the Future, by Donna Brown
- In Memoriam: Berl Lynn Colley, Sept. 1, 1942-June 28, 2020, by Crystal Colley Dull
- Start Looking Ahead to the Holiday Auction!, by Leslie Spoone
- Letter to the Editor
- Ski for Light, Inc. Sets Tracks for Virtual Event in 2021
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank email to email@example.com, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio brings old-time radio drama to you 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/trove.
ACB Radio’s Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at www.acbradio.org.