Volume XLVI October 2007 No. 3
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2007 American Council of the Blind
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- President's Message: Philosophy, Publicity and Responsibility, by Mitch Pomerantz
- Taking Advocacy to the Next Level, by Melanie Brunson
- Fabrics of the City: Designing Shared Streets for Safety and Usability, by Ken Stewart
- Accessible Pedestrian Signals in San Francisco, by Jeff Thom
- Board Discusses Identifiable Currency, Bid for 2010, Litigation, and Return of the Convention Ear, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- Following Conventional Wisdom, by Ken Stewart
- Introducing the Newest BOP Award: The Hollis K. Liggett Braille Free Press Award!
- Design a Logo and Win $300!, by Donna Seliger
- Membership Seminar Summer 2007, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Affiliate News
- Letter to the Editor
- Here and There, by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
The correct phone number for Tonya Smith is (734) 586-2687. The one listed in September's "High Tech Swap Shop" was incorrect.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.