Volume LIX May 2021 No. 11
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2021 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: ACB Will Hold Elections at This Year’s Convention!, by Dan Spoone
- ACB Welcomes Two New Employees
- Registration Questions & Answers, by Janet Dickelman
- Yes, There Will Be Voting at This Year’s Virtual Convention, by Koni Sims
- Your Vote Counts, by Deb Cook Lewis
- Continuing Education and Professional Development News, by Carla Ruschival
- Diamond Jubilee Auction – Plus Appetizers
- Get Moving Together, by Donna Brown
- Mini Mall Headlines, by Carla Ruschival
- Verizon Media Announces Closed Captions on All New Video Content on Platform and $5 Million Donation in Media to Support Disability Organizations
- Victor Reader Tip: How to Use the Bookmark Key, by Tom Mitchell
- Book Review: ‘My Heart Is Not Blind,’ by Hannah Fairbairn
- In Memoriam: Ved Mehta, March 21, 1934 – January 9, 2021, by Bashir Masoodi
- Steps to Start a Chapter in a State or Special-Interest Affiliate, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Affiliate and Committee News
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Looking to stream your affiliate’s convention? Go to http://acbradio.org/affiliate-request and fill out the form at least 6 weeks in advance of the event.
There are now two versions of ACB Radio Mainstream — Mainstream East (all times Eastern) and Mainstream West (all times Pacific). Check it out at http://acbradio.org/mainstream.