Volume LIX March 2021 No. 9
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6200 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 155, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2021 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Navigating the Journey of Low Vision, by Dan Spoone
- Two Big Announcements!, by Janet Dickelman
- Continuing Education and Professional Development in 2021, by Carla Ruschival
- ACB Angels Memorial Program: Remembering Those Who Lead the Way
- Welcome to CCLVI, by Tom Lealos
- Should You Get a Guide Dog If You Have Low Vision?, by Kathy Farina
- Guide Dog Magnified: A Low Vision Perspective on Working with a Seeing Eye Dog, by Richard Rueda
- Low Vision Story Bites
- Expanding Recruiting to Minority Populations, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Summary of the November 2020 Board Meeting, by Penny Reeder
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia G. Hawkins
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
ACB Radio Interactive and the Café have merged to bring you the best from both streams. Check it out at http://acbradio.org/cafe.
ACB Radio’s Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at www.acbradio.org.