Volume LVII March 2019 No. 9
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2019 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Protect Your Economic Identity!, by Kim Charlson
- Rochester 2019: A Sneak Preview of Affiliate and Committee Programming, by Janet Dickelman
- DKM First-Timers Committee Prepares to Receive Applications for 2019
- Step Into the Leadership Spotlight: Apply to Become a 2019 ACB & JPMorgan Chase Leadership Fellow, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Let’s Walk Toward a 100K Photo Finish, by Donna Brown
- ACB’s Audio Description Project Announces the 2019 BADIE Award Winners
- Auction Time in the Great Northeast Will Be Picture Perfect, by Jeff Thom and the 2019 ACB Auction Committee
- ACB Angels Memorial Tribute Program
- Paying It Forward, by Kenneth Semien Sr.
- Holiday Auction a Huge Success, Thanks to You, by Carla Ruschival
- Affiliate News
- Using Fundraising as a Membership Tool, by Ardis Bazyn
- Mini Mall Mini-Reminders, by Carla Ruschival
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
Want to enjoy ACB Radio but have no computer? It’s all there for you by phone. Call (641) 793-0756.
Check out ACB Radio Mainstream to keep abreast of happenings in the blind community.