Volume XLIV June 2006 No. 9
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2006 American Council of the Blind
Christopher Gray, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- That All May Read ... Except Those Who Read Braille, by Christopher Gray
- Speaking of Convention ..., by Melanie Brunson
- In Memoriam: Rob Hubbard, by Earlene Hughes
- Last-Minute Convention Details, by Carla Ruschival
- Hospitality Committee Seeks Your Assistance
- ACB Constitution and Bylaws Amendments Reminder, by Ray Campbell
- Employment Issues Committee to Focus on What Employers Look For in Applicants, by Mitch Pomerantz
- CCLVI Offers Stimulating Convention Program
- Coming Attractions in Jacksonville
- IVIE Update, by Ardis Bazyn
- The LUA Perspective, by Barry Levine
- NABT Convention 2006, by Carla Hayes
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Lets You Test Drive a Guide Dog
- Skip the Soda and Buy a Life Membership Instead!, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- Making Tomorrow Look Brighter Today in ACB! Featuring Frank Welte, by Ronald E. Milliman
- Membership Focus, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Here and There, by Susan Lichtenfels
Due to an editing error, the paragraphs concerning dog food orders ("Guide Dog Users, Inc. National Convention 2006 -- Ready or Not!," May 2006) were out of order. They should have read as follows:
For convention attendees who wish to order dog food in Jacksonville, there are two suppliers.
If you are a Petsmart shopper, GDUI has made arrangements with a local branch where you may order your food. Petsmart asks that orders be placed no later than June 8 to insure that your brand of food will be in stock. Phone (904) 997-1335 and ask for Heather.
Pet Supplies sells holistic natural foods such as Innova, Wellness, California Natural, Solid Gold, Pinnacle, Natural Life, Chicken Soup, and Natural Balance. Orders must be placed no later than June 20. Call (904) 262-8111 and ask for Dick or Dave.
All dog food orders should be made using a credit card, and you must identify your order as being a part of the guide dog users group order. Dog food can be picked up in the GDUI suite between noon and 4 p.m. on Sunday, July 9.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.