Volume LVIII July 2019 No. 1
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2019 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
This Issue of The ACB Braille Forum
Is Dedicated to the Memory of Carol M. McCarl
November 28, 1938 – May 2, 2019
Table of Contents
- Introducing ACB's New Membership Service Coordinator, by Eric Bridges
- President's Message: Where Did the Time Go?, by Kim Charlson
- Celebrating Six Years of Success and Looking Ahead, by Ron Brooks
- Staying in Touch in Rochester, by Janet Dickleman
- How to Use Social Media to Enhance Your Outreach, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Independence?, by Paul Edwards
- Independence and Interdependence, by Lynne Koral
- Oaks and Willows, by Holly Turri
- Summer Memories, by Jean Mann
- In Memoriam: Carol M. McCarl, November 28, 1938 - May 2, 2019, by Sharon Lovering
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, email@example.com. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
The ACB Radio Café features the work of blind artists 24/7 at www.acbradio.org/cafe.
Got a request? Tune in to the ACB Radio Interactive and ask the DJ on duty to play it for you at www.acbradio.org.