It's time to bid! It's time to buy! It's time to support the 2019 ACB Radio Holiday Auction, coming to you live on Sunday, December 8, from 6:00 PM to midnight Eastern Time (3:00 to 9:00 PM Pacific), or until all items are sold.
The Holiday Auction is the only fundraiser in ACB that specifically raises money to help cover costs of keeping ACB Radio on the air. 71 items are listed in this year's auction. There's technology, jewelry, home-baked treats, music boxes, crafts and collectibles. And of course all proceeds benefit ACB Radio.
The Auction Preview Page is available now where you will find photos and descriptions of each item. Items on the Preview Page are numbered and appear in the order that they will be auctioned. Bids will only be accepted on items when they are on air; please DO NOT call in advance to ask when an item will air.
How to Listen
Originating from the RadioStorm studios in Louisville, Kentucky, the auction will be broadcast on ACB Radio Mainstream and on ACB Radio Interactive. Here are ways to listen:
- Use the Zoom line to listen and bid on your computer, mobile device, or landline phone (see below for more details).
- Listen on the ACB Link app - only available on Android phones at this time.
- Listen on your computer by visiting www.acb.org and following the ACB Radio link.
- Listen on any Amazon Alexa device. The first time just say "Alexa, enable ACB Radio Mainstream." The next time just say "Alexa, play ACB Radio Mainstream." Or say "Alexa, listen to ACB Radio Interactive."
- Listen on your telephone; call 605-475-8130 and select 1 from the menu for ACB Radio Mainstream or 4 for ACB Radio Interactive.
Registering for the Auction
Once again this year, you must register for the auction before you can place a bid. Waiting until you want to bid to register could mean that you miss out on the item you want.
The auction pre-registration line is now open. Call (877) 630-7190 by 11:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM Pacific) on Friday, December 6 and leave your first and last name, telephone number, email address, and city and state where you live.
If you do not pre-register, you must supply the same information on December 8, the day of the auction, before we can accept your bids. The auction registration line will re-open on Dec. 8 at 4:00 PM Eastern (1:00 PM Pacific), and will remain open throughout the auction.
Calling the Auction
Use your landline, computer, or mobile device to join the Zoom Line, listen to the auction and bid when you want. From any telephone (including landlines), dial (646) 558-8656, enter code 678150637, and press the pound key twice; you will be in the call and part of the auction.
If you prefer to connect to our bidder line through the Zoom app with your computer or mobile device, download and install the app ahead of time. Make sure it is running properly on your device, and that you know how to access its raise hand button. Use this link to join through the app: https://zoom.us/j/678150637
Skip this step if you plan to dial in to the auction from any landline or mobile phone.
Placing a Bid
When you join the call, you will be muted. Please do not unmute yourself.
When you wish to bid, raise your hand by pressing the star key and then the 9 on your phone keypad, or use the raise hand button if connecting through the Zoom app on your computer or smartphone. We will unmute you and ask for your bid when it is your turn.
Quickly state your bid, without any chat or conversation. Everyone will hear your bid. We will repeat your bid, lower your hand, and place you back on mute.
To bid again, raise your hand, just as you did before, wait to be called on, and state your bid. We will again repeat your bid, lower your hand, and place you on mute.
If you raise your hand and then decide not to bid, just say "pass" when it is your turn to bid.
Important: Please do not, under any circumstances, mute and unmute yourself. This will interfere with other bidders and will make it necessary for us to drop you from the call.
An item will be up for bid for three to five minutes. We will announce when an item is about to close. All winners will be announced on the air.
Because this is a live broadcast, there are some rules that must be followed in order for the evening to be pleasant for everyone. Anyone not following these rules will be dropped from the bidding line and could be blocked from re-entering the call and participating in the auction the rest of the evening.
- Do not mute and unmute yourself. Doing so will interfere with others on the call.
- Foul language, broadcast of inappropriate video etc. will not be tolerated. Any individual engaging in such behaviors will be immediately blocked from the auction.
- Raise your hand only when you wish to bid. Wait for your turn to bid; we will call on you in the order hands are raised. Do not raise your hand just to ask a question.
- While your hand is raised and you are waiting to bid, make sure your surroundings are quiet. Turn down the radio; ask others in the room to stop talking; do not rattle paper or snack bags, wash dishes, set the microwave etc. Remember that background noise is amplified when you are on the air, and it is irritating to others.
Paying for Auction Items
Bidding in the auction is fun, but placing a bid is a commitment on your part to pay for that item, should you be the winner. All items are sold as is, and all sales are final. Payment is due following the auction (see below), and must be made by credit card using VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express; no checks accepted.
On Monday, Dec. 9, the ACB Minneapolis office will begin contacting winners to obtain credit card information; this process may take several days. If a winner defaults on a bid, the runner-up will be contacted concerning the item.
Shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer, and will be added to the final sale price. If you purchase multiple items, shipping will be combined whenever possible. Sorry, but we cannot offer international shipping.
Thanks for your support!
The Holiday Auction Committee, The ACB Radio Steering Committee, and the ACB Minneapolis Office thank you in advance for supporting ACB Radio and the Holiday Auction.