Volume LVIII June 2020 No. 12
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2020 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: Summer Breezes and New Adventures, by Dan Spoone
- One Number, Two Mainstreams, Three Great Ways to Listen
- ACB – A Path to the Future, by Janet Dickelman
- Conventions and Conventions, by Paul Edwards
- Continuing Education – A Path to the Future, by Carla Ruschival
- Walking up a Storm Virtual Style, by Donna Brown
- Stay at Home and Bid on Items in the ACB Easy Chair Auction
- MMS Is Going Virtual!, by Kathy Brockman
- Mini Mall Headlines, by Carla Ruschival
- Affiliate and Committee News
- Wine and Song, by Peter Altschul
- Readers’ Memories of Lynn Hedl
- Book Review: Fairbairn’s ‘When You Can’t Believe Your Eyes: Vision Loss and Personal Recovery’ – The Title Says It All!, by Kate Crohan
- Performing Marriage Ceremonies, by Charles Nabarrete
- Backyard Wedding, by Peter Altschul
- Here and There, edited by Cynthia Hawkins
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, ACB Board of Directors, ACB Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank email to [email protected], or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your email address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio’s Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at www.acbradio.org.