Volume LV - February 2017 - No. 8
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2017 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- 60 Minutes’ Coverage of the ADA, by Kim Charlson
- Rumors and Thoughts: A Guest Opinion, by Jeff Thom
- Come Collect Nuggets of Wisdom in Reno!, by Janet Dickelman
- The BOP Seeks to Award Excellence, by Ron Brooks
- Summary of the November Board Conference Calls, by Ron Brooks
- The Things We Do Today, Part 5: Loose Ends and Listening, by Paul Edwards
- Paris Holds the Key to My Heart, by Lindsey McHugh
- Students Learn to Code Using Quorum, by Melinda Hudson
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, [email protected]. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to [email protected], or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
ACB Radio Mainstream has blindness-related news you can use at www.acbradio.org/mainstream.
ACB Radio’s Main Menu is the talk of the town when it comes to technology; check it out at www.acbradio.org.