Volume XLVI June 2008 No. 11
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2008 American Council of the Blind
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- President's Message: Putting Our Money Where ..., by Mitch Pomerantz
- Acosta Steals the Show at the Hearing on the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act, by Eric Bridges
- Congress to Consider Quiet Car Concerns of People Who Are Blind, by Melanie Brunson
- Louisville 2008: ACB At the Finish Line, by Carla Ruschival
- Convention Sneak Preview, Part II
- Friends-in-Art Seeks Art for Exhibit at Convention, by Elsie Monthei
- It's Resolutions Time Again, by Judy Jackson
- Extra, Extra! Louisville Post-Dispatch Now Seeking Volunteers
- Consolation and Education in 'People of Vision,' by Rebecca Kragnes
- Affiliate News
- In Memoriam: Paul Sauerland, by Kathleen Prime
- Here and There, by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
Lori Scharff's phone number was listed incorrectly under SASI Checks Out the New Deaf-Blind Communicator ("Convention Sneak Preview," May 2008). The correct number is (516) 887-1336.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.