Volume XLV June 2007 No. 10
Published By The American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
© 2007 American Council of the Blind
Christopher Gray, President
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Statement from "The Braille Forum"
- President's Message: Meeting Future Leaders, by Christopher Gray
- In Memoriam: Eugene Barton, by Bill Newland and Sue Lichtenfels
- Michigan Loses a Treasure, by Donna Rose
- Low Tide Lamentations, by Teddie-Joy Remhild
- Minneapolis, Here We Come!, by Carla Ruschival
- Convention Sneak Preview, Part 2
- Seeing Eye Lets You Experience the 'Flying' Sensation at Convention
- Affiliate News
- Win a Hamilton Beach i-Talk Microwave!, by Ron Milliman
- Board Adopts Balanced Budget, Establishes New Award, by Charles S.P. Hodge
- Tilt!, by Carl Jarvis
- A Friend Goes off to War, by Michael Vining
- Here and There, by Sue Lichtenfels
- High Tech Swap Shop
Due to an editing error, there was a misstatement in the "Recreation Preview" (May 2007). There will be blindfolds and darts available at the audio darts exhibition. You do not need to bring your own.
The American Council of the Blind strives to increase the independence, security, equality of opportunity, and to improve quality of life for all blind and visually impaired people.