Volume LV - January 2017 - No. 7
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2016 American Council of the Blind
Eric Bridges, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
1703 N. Beauregard St., Suite 420, Alexandria, VA 22311
Table of Contents
- President’s Message: White House Summit on Inclusive Technology Spotlights Innovation for People with Disabilities
- ACB Survey Finds Need for Increased Audio Description, by Tony Stephens
- Reno Tours Feature Earth, Stars, Dinosaur, Tubing, and Much More, by Janet Dickelman
- Reach for the Adventure of a Lifetime: Be A DKM First-Timer, by Allen Casey
- Voting in ACB, Part 2, by Jeff Thom
- Resolve to Support ACB in 2017, by Mike Godino and Jean Mann
- Braille Funnies, by Larry P. Johnson
- Affiliate News
- Ida Schwerzel: A Century of Memories, Part 1, by Greg Lindberg
- The Passing of a Pioneer: Theodore Bryant, by Allen Casey
- How to Use All Your Resources to Build Your Membership, compiled by Ardis Bazyn
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- High Tech Swap Shop
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors, and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums
Are You Moving? Do You Want to Change Your Subscription?
Contact Sharon Lovering in the ACB national office, 1-800-424-8666, or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Give her the information, and she’ll make the changes for you.
Keep up with the most important ACB news and announcements without any other chatter. Subscribe to the ACB Announce listserv. Send a blank e-mail to email@example.com, or visit www.acblists.org/mailman/listinfo/announce and type your e-mail address and name where indicated.
For news you can use, check out the new ACB Radio World News and Information at acbradio.org.
Blind show hosts offer a plethora of musical genres at www.acbradio.org/interactive.
BF-January 2017 Large Print Word Doc
BF-January 2017 Braille-Ready File
BF-January 2017 Plain Text