2012 Conference and Convention
ACB Full Steam Ahead!
American Council of the Blind
51st Annual Conference and Convention
July 6 - 14, 2012
ACB 2012 Convention Calendar
Do you want to keep track of the events happening at the 51st anual convention of the American Council of the Blind?
If the answer is yes then the link below will take you to the ACB 2012 calendar and allow you to either view it in Microsoft outlook or the calendar on any I device such as an IPad or IPhone.
For additional Conference and Convention information contact:
- Exhibitors, Advertisers and Sponsors: Let people from all over the country and around the world know about your products and services. Registration for exhibit booth space, advertising, and sponsorships is now available.
- Tours: We will have a plentiful, yet diverse slate of tours for you to enjoy- there is something for everyone’s taste.
- Workshops and Seminars: Unique opportunities abound to learn new skills, tips and techniques on a wide range of topics including diabetes, employment issues, rehabilitation, transportation, and access to off-the-shelf technology. Receive instruction and tips on high-tech products such as screen readers, braille notetakers, low-vision products, and much more.
- ACB General Sessions: (Sunday evening, Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-noon, and all day Friday) address education, rehabilitation, employment, access, health-related issues and much more.
- Special-Interest Affiliate Programming: special-interest affiliates and other organizations sponsor an endless variety of break-out sessions and small-group discussions with informative programming for teachers, government employees, blind vendors and entrepreneurs, attorneys, human service professionals, information technology specialists, students and families. Special programming targets issues related to low vision, guide dogs, deaf-blind concerns and Braille.
- Hotel Information: Rooms at the Galt house are $85 for a standard room in the west tower and $105 for a one bedroom suite in the east tower. For reservations call 1-800-843-4258. Make sure to mention that you are with the ACB convention. You can also reserve your room online at https://resweb.passkey.com/go/acbl0712
- Transportation: The Louisville airport is in the southern part of Louisville, about 10 miles from the Galt House. Louisville offers many transportation options including taxi’s shuttles, bus and trolley service and paratransit service. Follow the link for more information.
- Janet Dickelman ACB Conference and Convention Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org (651) 428-5059 or the ACB National office: (202)467-5081 or (800)424-8866 * As information becomes available this page will be updated. Please visit often to read the latest Conference and Convention news.
Last updated June 7, 2012