2011 Conference and Convention Program
ACB IN THE SILVER STATE
GOLDEN PAST - DIAMOND FUTURE
50th Annual National
Conference and Convention
American Council of the Blind
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Resort & Casino
July 8-16, 2011
Mitch Pomerantz, President
Hosted by the
Nevada Council of the Blind
Rick Kuhlmey, President
This software helps your student:
- Virtually explore streets and learn their layout
- Set a destination and track the distance and compass headings
- Track the side of the street you are virtually walking on, and make realistic decisions about turns and street crossings
- Record or type descriptive information about a particular location
- Save, reverse, review, and print or emboss routes
- O&M Learning Tool: Learn a new part of town.
- Classroom Map Study Tool: Explore another state.
- Location Literacy Tool: Locate a business for occupational interviews.
APH Talking PC Maps software is delivered on a USB flash drive.
Stop by the APH booth to register for this free presentation
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
Ending Website Discrimination
NEW REFRESHABLE BRAILLE DISPLAYS
Connect these braille displays to a netbook or laptop for flexibility and portability!
Versions 3 (USB) and 4 (USB or Bluetooth):
Standard 2 year warranty included
Version 3 (USB) $2,295
Version 4 (USB or Bluetooth) $2,495
Braille 80 Version 3
The lowest priced 80 cell display available
Version 3 (USB) $3,900
Perkins School for the Blind