Board of Publications
The Board of Publications is a constitutionally chartered body comprised of two members who are appointed by the ACB president and three members who are elected by the ACB membership.
The Board of Publications is responsible for providing oversight and guidance to the editor of “The ACB Braille Forum” and for establishing and maintaining editorial standards and policies for all ACB communication channels, including ACB brochures, “The ACB Braille Forum” and E-Forum, the ACB website and ACB Radio. The BOP also collaborates with individuals and committees responsible for the management of ACB’s email lists and for ACB’s presence on a variety of social media sites, including Facebook and Twitter. Finally, the BOP confers two awards which recognize writing excellence by individuals and affiliates and a third award which recognizes an outstanding individual or organization for their positive media portrayals of people who are blind or visually impaired.
The BOP typically holds a face-to-face meeting at the annual ACB conference and convention and monthly conference calls where it conducts its business. ACB members are invited to attend any BOP meeting, and guests are always given the opportunity to comment on agendized as well as non-agendized items.
Current BOP members include:
- Ron Brooks, Phoenix, AZ, appointed, Chairman, 3rd term, expires in 2019
- Donna Brown, Romney WV, elected, completing a partial term, expires in 2018
- Paul Edwards, Miami, FL, elected, first term, expires in 2018
- Susan Glass, Saratoga, CA, appointed, first term, expires in 2019
Debbie Lewis, Seattle, WA, elected, first term, expires in 2018
Ex Officio BOP Members:
- Sharon Lovering, Editor, ACB Braille Forum
- Katie Frederick, Worthington, OH, Chairperson, ACB Public Relations Committee
- Bob Hachey, Waltham, MA, Email List Moderator
- Larry Turnbull, ACB Radio Manager