As the result of a generous grant from JP Morgan Chase, ACB is very pleased to announce that we have the opportunity to provide several individuals and/or affiliate representatives with stipends to assist them with the expenses of attending the 2015 Midyear meetings. These stipends will cover the cost of travel to and from the meetings, hotel room charges (based on double occupancy) and meeting registration fees. Per diem and ground transportation costs need to be the responsibility of the individual selected or the affiliate they are representing. Because there is a limited amount of funding, priority in awarding these stipends will be given to people who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First-time attendees of the mid-year Affiliate Presidents meeting and the Legislative Seminar;
- Individuals representing affiliates that have not participated in Midyear activities in at least 3 years;
- Individuals representing state affiliates whose members of the House of Representatives or senators are key to ACB’s legislative agenda.
Individuals who are interested in applying must submit documentation as follows:
- a letter from the applicant containing a statement regarding why he or she is interested in attending ACB’s Mid-Year meetings, including a description of their experience or history (if any) of participation in previous midyear meetings;
- the applicants complete mailing address, email address and cell phone number;
- a letter of recommendation from the president of the affiliate the individual would be representing. Note: if the applicant is an affiliate president, this should be stated in the applicant’s letter, and in that case, no additional letter of recommendation is required.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Eric Bridges firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than January 5, 2015.
The individuals who are selected to receive stipends will be notified no later than January 15, 2015. Winners will be required to submit electronic receipt/proof of purchase of an airline or train ticket to qualify for reimbursement for travel. Hotel reservations will be made (based on double occupancy) for stipend winners by ACB, and the room cost for the designated number of nights for the recipient will be paid directly by ACB to the hotel. Registration fees for the mid-year activities will also be paid directly by ACB for winners. Checks will be issued by the Minneapolis office and sent to the individual or the affiliate, (whichever has paid for the transportation costs) immediately following the mid-year meetings. Failure to attend the agreed upon Midyear meetings will result in forfeiture of the stipend.
Questions should be directed to Eric Bridges (email@example.com) or Melanie Brunson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the ACB Arlington office.
With this program, and the attendance of so many other ACB dedicated leaders, let's make 2015 the best attended mid-year meeting ever! Thanks so much!