Online Marketing Production Associate [MEMU-20]
American Civil Liberties Union
Membership Department, NY
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Having experienced tremendous growth since the election, the ACLU has more than 2.5 million members, activists, and supporters who stand with us nationwide to fight tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s right must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin.
The ACLU is experiencing phenomenal growth of all aspects of its fundraising program. We are also in the midst of a major comprehensive fundraising campaign, the most ambitious in the organization’s history, which will run through the ACLU’s 100 year anniversary in 2020. Currently, the national Development Department raises approximately $180 million annually in private support from major donors, foundations, and over 1,200,000 members.
Following the election, we have seen an incredible surge in support that has resulted in phenomenal growth in our direct marketing and monthly giving programs. It is the mandate of our Membership program, which focuses on donors up to $1,000 – and a top priority of the ACLU – to build, engage, and retain this nationwide donor base in order to maximize resources and empower our grassroots advocacy.
Working closely with the Associate Director of Online Fundraising, the Online Marketing Production Associate will primarily be responsible for the production and execution of email campaigns, site form production, and list segmentation for campaigns. This position reports to the Associate Director of Online Fundraising, with input and direction from the Deputy Director of Online Fundraising and the Deputy Director of Development. The Online Marketing Production Associate also works closely with a cross-departmental online team that includes Development, Affiliate Support & Nationwide Initiatives, Communications and National Political Advocacy.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervise quality control of all email messages sent out on behalf of the Development department through the ACLU’s email software program.
· Manage audience segmentation and test plans for outbound email campaigns.
· Create the user flow for outbound emails.
· Assist with writing/editing key copy for campaign pages and set up landing pages.
· Maintain departmental email calendar.
· Collaborate with the Associate Director to execute and produce initiatives including advertising and online/offline strategies to increase the fundraising potential of the online list.
· Assist in the design, implementation and management of website test plans to increase donations.
· Stay current regarding best practices and industry trends and help facilitate application to the program.
· Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of test plans, metrics and analysis of online fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns.
· Demonstrate a commitment to diversity within the office; A personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
· Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
· Other projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience in online marketing, web development or other related field is required.
· Experience using an eCRM platform.
· Solid understanding of user flow to maximize engagement.
· Solid understanding of Internet tools, processes and techniques for membership development, advocacy campaigns, list building and social networking.
· Ability to build consensus and work effectively with consultants and across departments.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as multi-task, prioritize and complete assignments under tight deadlines.
· Experience with online marketing and cross-channel marketing in for-profit or nonprofit settings is preferred.
· Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communication skills.
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
· Commitment to the mission and goals of the ACLU.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume to: hrjobsMEMU@aclu.org - reference [MEMU-20] in the subject line.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact:email@example.com. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”